GST or the goods and service tax is one of the biggest panoramic shifts the Indian economy has faced over the years after demonetization. It was a move formulated by the well know Indian economical forum to bring down the effect of cascading taxes on the various goods and services provided within India. Now when we speak about applying the GST to the current economy stream, it is indeed a big leap.
This means the business that runs on the conventional tax-paying system must implement GST as swift as possible. A small miscalculation in the taxes could have a cascading effect as GST is one single Indirect tax for all the goods and services. So to make the process easy for you, this article will cover up the methods om how you can register for GST online at the comfort of your home with the help of a computer and connection to the internet.
Before I proceed ahead, you need to make sure who is eligible to register for GST. Now, if you are a dealer whose annual turnover is more than 20 lakhs, then you need to register for GST.
Now let me brief the step by step procedure for you to register PART-A for GST online:
Go to the GST portal à Click on register now under taxpayers. This is the preliminary step for you to start your process to register for GST. You can get into the GST portal using the link
Now you need to fill in the following details under PART-A.
- You need to select the new registration as you are doing it for the first time.
- Now the next option is that you need to verify what you are. If you are a tax collector, tax deductor, non-residential taxable employee, etc. the most common answer can be a taxpayer.
- Once that is done need to select the state or the union territory, select that in the drop-down box. After that don’t forget to mention the district too. Make sure that the location details you provide must be of the place where your business is located. In case your business is yet to have a proper base, then the location details of the owner of the dealer can be mentioned.
- The name of the dealer must be entered as it is mentioned in the PAN card.
- The next option is to enter the exact PAN number as printed on your card.
- Next, you are requested to provide the e-mail address that you are using currently.
- Last but not least, you are asked to enter the mobile number you are currently using. Note that an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number that is required to proceed further.
Next is the OTP verification process. The OTP’s will be sent to your respective e-mail ID and the phone number that you had entered in the previous section. If you have not received the OTP’s then click on resend or else just enter the received OTP’s in the respective columns and click on Continue.
For this step, it would be handy if you had a notepad along. This section is where you would receive your temporary reference number. The temporary reference number would also be sent to your registered mobile number as well as your e-mail ID. Note down the TRN (Temporary Reference Number).
Once that you have finished with the process you are done with part-A of the registration part.
Now you can come out of the web portal and now again go back to the main portal of the GST page.
Once you are done with shifting to the main portal you need to click on register now again.
Now this time there will be a radio button that the user can choose. You are requested to click on the TRN button. You are now requested to do certain initial procedures to proceed with part-B of the registration process.
The initial Login Procedures are
- You need to enter the TRN number that you got before and type the captcha that is being displayed and click on proceed.
- You will receive an OTP after you are done with the TRN number verification to your registered mobile number and e-mail.
- After you are done with everything, the dashboard of your account will open.
You are currently in the part-B phase of the registration process.
The part-B process is the procedure where you need to submit the necessary documents. Some of the documents are:
- Constitution of the taxpayer.
- Proof for the place of the business.
- Bank account details.
- Authorization form.
The due date within which the required documents should be uploaded is mentioned on the above screen. Once the details are filled in the verification page tick on the declaration and apply.
You can submit the application using any of the following methods:
- Companies must register using DSC.
- Using e-sign.
- Using EVC.
Now all you need is to fill in your name and certain other details and submit the application online using any of the above methods and finish the application procedure.
Once you are done with that, A confirmation message along with the Application Reference Number (ARN) would appear on the dashboard of your login that you have completed the registration online.
You can check on the application status online with your Application Reference Number by entering the ARN in the online GST portal.
We hope enough has been given and if you want more info, feel free to contact Instapsaces at the contact points provided below
Email: [email protected]
But in all seriousness, if you have any more doubts or queries, feel free to tex our Instabuddies on site.
We all hope, this article added some sort of value to your life.
Happy office hunting…0 109