The COVID-19 pandemic has completely shifted how people run their lives. There are so many problems being faced all over the world not just in terms of the health crisis but also in terms of work. People are not able to communicate face to face the way that they used to because of the dangers that the pandemic has brought. Thus, virtual offices have become popular ways through which people run their businesses.
When it comes to getting safety meeting rooms, they are sometimes already present inside the virtual offices or they will have to be rented separately. This is completely up to the virtual office provider and the kind of contract that they enter into with the business that they are working with. In these times, face to face meetings are being reduced but they are conducted in certain cases where they are absolutely necessary.
Safety Protocols followed in Meeting Rooms
There are many strict safety protocols now being followed in meeting rooms. This is done to try to minimise the spread of the virus as much as possible. It is interesting to note how even the strictest safety protocols are powerless if people do not follow them with a proper level of seriousness. These are some of the safety protocols that are being enforced in meeting rooms these days:
Wearing face masks
All members of a meeting are required to wear a face mask. This is done so that people can protect themselves from the virus and also reduce the risk of unknowingly spreading it to someone else. Since the virus spreads through droplets from coughing, speaking, and sneezing, masks will help prevent the spread of these droplets. Even if the person is wearing a mask, they may get exposed to these droplets when they touch certain surfaces.
Thus, it is important that people always wash their hands before touching their faces. If they do not do so, it could lead to them contracting the virus. Masks are not a replacement for hand washing and social distancing and people should be mindful to do those as well. There are a few rules that have to be followed when wearing face masks to ensure that they are as effective as possible:
- The person will have to ensure that the mask covers their nose and mouth properly in a way that also allows them to breathe without any difficulty.
- The mask should securely cover the person’s face.
- The mask should have ear loops so that the person can use them to secure the mask to their head.
- The material of the mask should not cause any irritation to the person wearing it.
- The mask should have at least 2 layers of fabric; this may extend up to 3 according to WHO for certain kinds of fabric.
- The mask should be washed regularly and dried in such a way that no damage is caused to it. If the mask is made of certain materials, it should be disposed of.
Washing and sanitizing hands
People should ensure that they have washed their hands thoroughly after and before entering the meeting room. This is to ensure that they get rid of any germs that may have gotten onto their hands. They should wash their hands with soap and rinse them properly. Even if the meeting room has been sanitised, it is still advisable to keep away from touching any surfaces in the room unnecessarily.
If there is no washbasin in the meeting room, hand sanitiser containing at least 60% alcohol content can be used. The person must cover the entire surface of their hands and rub them together for as long as it takes till they are dry. Even after washing or sanitising hands is completed, the person should be mindful to not touch their face.
Sanitising the Rooms
The meeting room has to be sanitised properly before anyone enters inside to get rid of all the germs that may be present inside. If people come into contact with these germs, a huge risk to their health may be posed. There are so many items that have to be sanitised and these include tables, chairs, desks, countertops, handles, touch screens, doorknobs, and even light switches. There are many rules that are in place for sanitising the meeting room that we can look at below:
- All the surfaces in the room should be washed using soap and water.
- Only Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) authorized disinfectants can be used for disinfection.
- If there is no EPA approved disinfectant present, a third of a cup of bleach can be added to either a gallon of water or 70% of alcohol solution and can be used.
- Disinfection has to be done daily for as long as the meeting room is being used.
Social distancing has to be maintained in all the meeting rooms. There should be a distance of at least 6 feet between each person in the room. The layout of the meeting room and the arrangement of chairs around the table should be reflective of the social distancing protocols that are expected to be followed. The members of the meeting would normally greet each with other handshakes. This should not be encouraged now because of the pandemic.
People should try to maintain as little contact as they can with those around them in order to prevent the virus from spreading and from getting it. They have to be careful to ensure that they get tested regularly for the virus if they meet a lot of people. Certain people that have the virus may not even know that they do because they may be asymptomatic. Thus, people have to be extremely careful when they are around people in these troubling times.
Steps to be followed if someone in the Meeting Rooms contracts COVID-19
These are the steps that people have to follow if they were present in a meeting where someone else contracted the COVID-19 virus:
- All of the areas where the person was present in that space should be completely closed off. The meeting room should not be available for use till it has been deemed safe to use. The virtual office provider must be sure to let other clients know about what has happened so that they do not try to use that meeting room. The area around the meeting room should be completely cordoned off as well.
- After a period of 24 hours has passed, the meeting room should then be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- The windows and doors of the room should be kept open so that air circulation can be improved.
- When cleaning is taking place as mentioned before, all of the surfaces should be properly cleaned with soap and water.
Are the safety protocols effective?
A lot of effort is being taken by virtual office providers to ensure that all the rooms that are available to be rented by businesses are safe. They understand the importance of their clients’ safety and wish to do the very best they can to safeguard them from the virus. In this situation, video-conferencing rooms will be useful to conduct meetings since there are people who may be present in distant locations and may not be able to travel because of the pandemic.
However, some people believe that in-person meetings can now be held if proper precautions are followed. Ultimately, the effectiveness of safety protocols depends on people. When they are entering a particular room, they should take care to ensure that they follow all of the rules that are enforced by the person in charge. This may involve wearing a mask or practising proper social distancing.
They should also ensure that they cough into their mask and not touch their face after they do so. They should regularly wash or sanitise their hands throughout the meeting if they feel the need to. Each person should remember that if they follow the safety protocols effectively, they will not only help save their own lives but also those of the people around them.
Role of InstaSpaces
Instaspaces is a virtual office provider in India that aims to provide people with virtual office services. We have a large collection of virtual offices scattered all across the country for people to choose from. No matter where you are from, we will help you get a wonderful virtual office according to your needs. We will listen to the requirements of your business and then assist you in selecting a virtual office that will suit your situation.
We will also register your business officially as well under the GST scheme. We will give you all the documents that you may need for the registration process and provide you with a full refund if the GST registration is not successful. We will also provide you with training rooms, meeting rooms, conference rooms, board rooms, and video conferencing rooms at hourly rates. We will also provide you with technical assistance in case you run into any problems inside the rooms.
If you have any doubts, you can reach out to us using the contact details that have been posted on our official website. You can also ask our virtual assistant InstaBuddy any doubts you may have about the services that we provide. We cannot wait to go on this wonderful journey with you and we will do our best to make you feel the same way.
Happy Office Hunting!